by Mitchell W.
Ahh... a cafegoer's fav dessert, the burnt cheesecake -- in all of its creaminess.
So while others are lining up in long queues and paying RM12 - RM14 per slice, here's the recipe to making your own Basque Burnt Cheesecake...where you can enjoy the WHOLE cake!
All you need to get started, are these 5 easily obtainable ingredients:
1. 1kg Cream Cheese (in room temperature)
2. 300g fine sugar
3. 7x Eggs
4. 500g Whipped Cream
5. 30g Wheat Flour
Follow these 10 Steps and you'll have an amazing Basque Burnt Cheesecake waiting in the Oven:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
2. Get out a springform pan and layer it with a sheet of baking paper.
3. Wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminium foil.
4. Whip the cream cheese with the fine sugar in a bowl, until both are well-mixed.
5. Crack in the eggs, one by one.
6. Mix in the whipping cream and stir till it fluffs up.
7. Siff the wheat flour on top of the mixture and stir till it's well-mixed.
8. Pour the mixture into the springform pan that has been layered with the sheet of baking paper.
9. Bake it at 200°C for 1 hour or until the upper layer of the cake has turned a dark shade of brown (for the burnt effect).
10. Turn off your oven and let your Basque Burnt Cheesecake cool down -- without opening the oven door.
Baking Tip: Set your oven settings for the heat to come from Top & Bottom. Also, make sure your oven fan is turned off.
If you have followed these simple steps too a tee, you'll have one of the best Basque Burnt Cheesecakes just waiting for you to devour.
It would also be a great birthday gift for any of your friends -- especially if you don't know what birthday present to buy for them.
Bake it and Share it, cause Great Food is meant to Spread Smiles All Around.