Malaysia has 115 cases today. 112 are local transmissions whereas 3 are imported. In the last 24 hours, there are 54 recoveries and 0 deaths recorded.
If you are thinking of doing some shopping, you definitely need to think twice. Lately, a number of Covid-19 cases have emerged in Peninsula Malaysia which involve returnees from Sabah.
Over the past weekend, several messages on social media and Whatsapp have gone viral stating that a few malls in PJ and KL have reported positive Covid-19 cases. All patients were detected between 23 September and 27 September 2020. Here are the places you need to be cautioned of:
- NU Sentral Mall
Tested positive: An employee who works in the mall
- Suria KLCC
Tested positive: A member of Babel Fit
- Sunway Pyramid Mall
Tested positive: A staff from Nike outlet
- The Linc KL
Tested positive: A parent of a child who attends Trinity Kids Preschool
You can read here for more details: Parent of Child from Playschool in Linc KL Tested Positive For Covid-19
- KL Gateway Mall
Tested positive: An employee who works in Menara Suezcap 1 Office
Other than malls, health officials have also detected a few Coronavirus cases in banks and apartment:
- CIMB Bank TTDI and Kota Damansara
- UOB Kepong
- Desa Green Serviced Apartments
Dr Noor Hisham has announced from 27 September onwards, all returnees from Sabah MUST go through a swab test upon returning to Peninsula Malaysia.
Sabah returnees, HEADS UP!
- Download the MySejahtera app upon arrival and take a swab test.
- Home Surveillance Order (HSO) letter and the quarantine wristband will be given upon arrival.
- All returnees must undergo a MANDATORY QUARANTINE from the time they arrive until lab results are obtained.
- Individuals who need to continue their journey to their respective homes via public transport, a letter of permission to go to the designated address will be given on that day.
- If one experiences any C-virus symptoms within the 14 days after arrival, the individual must undergo another round of screening.
Furthermore, if you happen to be in any of those areas listed above, you can take a swab test at Sunway Medical Centre for RM300. Click here to make your appointment.
Reminder to always stay safe, stay rigour and stay alert!
#pandemic2020 #covid19 #malaysiannews #RMCO #coronavirus #kitajagakita
Credits to SAYS and KKM for the resources.