Do you know Ingvar Kamprad? Well he's the founder of IKEA! Yes, the place that sells our favourite Swedish meatballs.
WHAT: Ingvar Kamprad passed away 2 days ago in his house in Småland, Sweden. He was 91 years old. He lived a really good life I would say - to know that his empire is going strong.
WHERE: Småland, Sweden.
MYC! Review & Opinion of the Human Interest Story: I'm wondering what would become of IKEA now without the captain of the Swedish ship? Here are some interesting things to know about Ingvar:
- He is worth BILLIONS. Roughly about $53 Billion. He's even in the list of The World's 15 Richest People.
- He is known to be frugal. He drove a 1993 Volvo 240.
- He waits for a cheap meal. Apparently food prices are 50% OFF after 2pm.
- He travels in Economy Class.
- He only shops for Christmas gift during the sale & has been spotted taking salt and pepper from restaurants.
Yep, that's Ingvar's car. Classic!